Your Investment Property

BOQ cuts fixed interest rates

Your Investment Property 31 May 2019, 06:29 AM

The Brisbane-based bank said that the changes will apply to a range of owner-occupier and investor home loans of varying terms

• Edelweiss 31 May 2019, 03:19 PM

Nice of BOQ to offer these low rate but only to new loans. Existing loans with BOQ are paying between 5-6 %. Last year I was paying as much as 8.1% on a LOC until I made a call to their head office. This happened after I tweeted my interest rate and the BOQ tweeted me to contact them. I was talked into the LOC account in 2004 and when I bought another property they refinance it on condition a remain in the LOC. It’s a same these cuts couldn’t be passed on to their existing clients as my interest was recently increased even though the RBA is dropping their rates.

• V. Joseph 14 Jun 2019, 02:51 PM

I totally agree with you It's a shame that loyalty is not rewarded with BOQ I made a mistake of being attracted by their "for new customers advertised interest rates" and a verbally assured that they always be competitive once my fixed rate loan ends Well I'm very sorry now. Nothing like that happened Would not advise dealing with BOQ to my friends and family

Close