Your Investment Property

Property investment advice should be regulated

Your Investment Property 04 May 2018, 12:00 AM

Anyone can set up shop without any qualifications, according to PIPA

• John 04 May 2018, 11:03 PM

Words are cheap. From experience I find anyone promoting their integrity is generally the last person you should be trusting. Instead, you need to observe what people do more than what they say. Integrity is a bare minimum. You also need competence. Unfortunately there is no substitute for doing your own homework, either on the deal or the advisor. You're spending large sums of money, it's not a small investment and getting out can be hard if you make poor choices. So your first investment should be to go and get some education from a reputable provider so that you'll know when your being fed BS. First principle should be never to buy property from someone who is teaching you, and never buy tuition from someone whose primary income is from teaching. You want someone who eats their own cooking - that is, someone whose primary income is making money from their current deals. I have used and can recommend Steve McKnight, Cherie Barber, and the guys from Results Mentoring. Using what I have learned from them the $296k equity I started with 2 1/2 years ago has grown to $835k.

• John K 05 Jun 2018, 12:50 PM

Blatant advertising

Close